SMCCCD has enlisted the help of Credentials Solutions to manage student records. Credentials Solutions will now provide your transcript ordering, printing, and delivery service. Their TranscriptPlus feature will allow students to request transcripts at any time, on any day of the week.

On behalf of SMCCCD, Credentials Solutions will have the authority to fulfill all electronic transcript requests and respond to related inquiries. All PDF transcripts produced through the electronic transcript process are identical to paper transcripts. These PDFs can be certified as unaltered by visiting the website provided during the delivery process.

Official transcripts will be sent to employers, colleges and other institutions upon a student submitting an online transcript request via WebSMART. Most requests are generally processed within one business day from date received. Courses taken at Cañada College, CSM, and/or Skyline appear on the college transcript and transfer courses evaluated through TES. Transcripts from high schools and other colleges will not be forwarded. The first two transcripts requested within SMCCCD are free. Each additional transcript costs $5.00. Official transcripts given directly to the student may be opened only by the receiving institution.

Incoming Transcripts

Currently enrolled students who wish to have their academic records from other accredited institutions within the United States evaluated by the Admissions and Records Office and have those units placed on their permanent record at Cañada College may do so by requesting their official transcript to be sent directly to the Admissions and Records Office. SMCCCD accepts coursework from colleges and universities with accreditation from the following:

  • MSA: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education
  • NASC: Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
  • NWCCU: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
  • NCA-HLC: North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission
  • NEASC-CIHE: New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
  • SACS: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
  • WASC-ACCJC: Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
  • WASC-ACSCU: Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities

Upper-division credits completed at a four-year college or university will not be accepted or counted toward an AA/AS Degree or Certificate at Cañada College. Lower division coursework completed at a college or university outside the United States will be considered for inclusion on a transfer student’s record at Cañada College only after the transcript from the foreign institution has been evaluated by an approved agency which is able to provide a translation of the transcript, and a detailed report which includes subject breakdown, grades, upper or lower division, semester or quarter and number of units completed. Students should contact the Admissions and Records Office for the names of approved agencies. All lower division degree applicable coursework will be used to calculate the student’s Grade Point Average.

All transcripts received by Cañada College become the property of the college and may not be returned to the student or sender.

Transcript Evaluation and Course Substitution Service (TES)

Students are required to use the transcript evaluation service to determine how course work from other colleges/universities can be incorporated into their transfer planning.

The Transcript Evaluation Service is available to students who are currently enrolled in a course and have a combination of previously completed and currently enrolled in courses adding to 6 units in the San Mateo County Community College District. A transcript evaluation provides important information to the student and counselor about how course work completed at other colleges and universities will be applied to the following educational goals.

  1. California State University General Education Certification - CSU GE
  2. Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum - IGETC Certification
  3. Cañada College Associate Degree General Education requirements
  4. Cañada College Major or Certificate requirements

Detailed instructions for students on how to use this service can be found online at: