The following is required for AA-T/AS-T degrees:
- Completion of 60 CSU-transferable semester units.
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU-transferable coursework (2.4 GPA for CA non-residents). While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in an “AA-T” or “AS-T” major as detailed in the Associate Degrees and Certificates section of this catalog. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of “C” or better or a “P” if the course is taken on a Pass/No Pass basis.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth); OR the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
- A minimum of 12 units must be completed in residence at Cañada College.
Please Note: Per state legislation, no additional local graduation requirements can be imposed by the community college and, upon transfer, the student would be admitted to the CSU with junior standing.
Students transferring to a CSU campus that does accept the AA-T or AS-T will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree (unless the major is a designated “high-unit” major). This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to university or college that is not part of the CSU system. Students should consult with a counselor when planning to complete the degree for more information on university admission and transfer requirements.