SMCCCD has enlisted the help of Parchment to manage student records. Parchment will now provide your transcript ordering, printing, and delivery service. Their TranscriptPlus feature will allow students to request transcripts at any time, on any day of the week.
On behalf of SMCCCD, Parchment will have the authority to fulfill all electronic transcript requests and respond to related inquiries. All PDF transcripts produced through the electronic transcript process are identical to paper transcripts. These PDFs can be certified as unaltered by visiting the website provided during the delivery process.
Official transcripts will be sent to employers, colleges and other institutions upon a student submitting an online transcript request via WebSMART. Most requests are generally processed within one business day from date received. Courses taken at Cañada College, CSM, and/or Skyline appear on the college transcript and transfer courses evaluated through TES. Transcripts from high schools and other colleges will not be forwarded. The first two transcripts requested within SMCCCD are free. Each additional transcript costs $5.00. Official transcripts mailed directly to the student from Parchment may only be opened by the receiving institution.
Transcript Evaluation Service (TES)
Transcript Evaluation Service (TES) provides students at Cañada College, College of
San Mateo and Skyline College an official evaluation of coursework completed at colleges
and universities outside our district. TES will determine how this coursework will
be applied to your program of study, associate general education, CSU general education
and IGETC requirements.
All students who have indicated that they attended an outside institution on CCCApply and completed matriculation will receive a Transcript Evaluation Success Plan in Student Success Link. To view your success plan and check for updates, please log into mySMCCCD Student Portal and select “Student Success Link”. Our department will send students updates to your my.smccd.edu account regarding your evaluation status and any information we may need.
To be eligible for our service:
- Depending on your institution, you may be able to send your official transcript or
external exam scores in multiple ways:
- Select Skyline College, College of San Mateo or Canada College from the available institutions (Preferred)
- Electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR by Mail
Transcript Evaluation Services
C/O College of San Mateo
1700 W Hillsdale Blvd.
San Mateo, CA 94402
Please Note: Official electronic and mailed transcripts must be sent directly from your institution.
- Your Educational Goal must be to earn a degree or certificate.
- The institution(s) you attended must be regionally accredited.
- Any courses taken within the last year must have Evaluable Grades. If a course indicates an Incomplete (I), In Progress (IP) or Grade Report Delayed (RD) we’ll have to wait until those courses have grades posted before we can begin the evaluation process.
- You are enrolled within San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD).
Please Note: By submitting your transcripts, you accept that all applicable courses, units and
grades completed at an institution outside the SMCCCD will be incorporated into your
academic history, which may impact your academic history within the SMCCCD.
For more information, visit the District Transcript Evaluation website.