Certificate of Achievement General Requirements
- The prescribed courses and units must be completed as identified in the Cañada College Catalog under core and selective courses.
- Fifty percent of the required courses (identified as core and selectives) must be completed at Cañada College. Equivalent lower division courses completed at other institutions holding district approved accreditation may be submitted on a Request for Substitution petition for consideration to satisfy some certificate requirements. Petitions for this purpose are available in the Admissions and Records Office, Building 9, first floor.
- All major (core and selectives) classes applied to the certificate must receive a grade of C or better. If the course is evaluated by Pass or No Pass ONLY then a “Pass” evaluation for the course is acceptable. If the course is offered as “grade option” a letter grade of C or better is required. For additional information on the use of Pass/No Pass classes to satisfy certificate requirements, please refer to the Pass/No Pass Grading Option information found in the Grades and Academic Standards section of the catalog. A 2.0 grade point average is required for all degree applicable coursework taken within the San Mateo County Community College District and all incoming degree applicable coursework taken outside the District.
- Overall grade point average of at least 2.0 in all certificate courses (required core + selectives).
- Students must be in “good academic standing” to receive a Certificate of Achievement.