Enrollment fees shall be refunded in accordance with the following guidelines:
Prior to the First Day of Instruction
- Parking is nonrefundable without extenuating circumstances
- Students dropping all classes will receive full credit toward future registration fees for the amount of all fees paid. A $10 processing fee (plus an additional $50 processing fee for non-resident students and F-1 Visa international students) will be retained by the College if a refund is issued to the student.
On or After the First Day of Instruction
- Refund processing fees are waived for Summer 2021 and Fall 2021.
- Enrollment Fee/Nonresident Tuition: Students will receive full enrollment fee and non-resident tuition credit toward future registration fees if they reduce their program or officially drop from all courses within the first 10% of the period of instruction of their courses. Students who officially drop from all courses and request a refund will be subject to a $10 processing fee. An additional $50 processing fee will be retained by the College for non-resident and F-1 Visa international students who request a refund. (Example: If a course has 12 meetings, 10% of 12 = 1.2. The College will round up to 2.0. Therefore, to be eligible for a credit or refund, the student must drop no later than the end of the day of the second class meeting.)
- Variable Unit Courses: No Enrollment Fee or Nonresident Tuition refund or credit will be available to students enrolled in variable unit courses who earn fewer units of credit than the number for which they originally registered. Students earning additional units will be charged accordingly.
- Health Services students will receive a full refund through the second week of instruction
for semester-length classes and through the first 10% of the instructional period
for students enrolled in less than semester-length classes.
Student Body Fee: Students will receive a full refund upon request and within the published deadlines listed in the Schedule of Classes.
- Student Representation Fee: The Student Representation Fee will be waived for students who refuse to pay for religious, political, moral, or financial reasons. This waiver must be submitted in writing within the first 10% of the period of instruction of the course(s).
Credit balances remain on student accounts for a maximum of five (5) years. A student may either choose to maintain a credit balance on account or contact the Business Office to arrange for a refund. Refunds are NOT issued automatically. Fees paid by personal check will require 30 days for bank clearance before refunds can be processed. To be eligible for a refund/credit, a student must officially drop from a course. Student records are automatically held until all debts to the District colleges have been cleared.
Other Refunds and Fee Issues
All students may petition for a prorated refund. Refund rates are based on 2 months of proration for the tiered levels of payment of California College Promise Grant (CCPG) recipients and 1 and 2 Term permits. Students need to request the prorated parking refund by June 15, 2020. The Parking Refund Request form can be found on college parking websites.
Withdrawal Processing Fee
The $10 or $50 fee is waived for students requesting a check disbursement for refunds.
International Student Health Insurance
International students who withdraw from all their courses and do not return to SMCCCD in the Fall can be refunded their Summer health insurance monthly premiums (June & July) by working with their International Students Program Manager.
Students utilizing the Payment Plan who missed their last payment on April 6th, will not be assessed a late fee of $30.
Please note that students who withdraw, from any or all courses, will not receive a refund for Health Fees, Student Body Fees, Student Representation Fees, or Student Union Fees (Skyline College only).