Enrollment fees shall be refunded in accordance with the following guidelines:
On or After the First Day of Instruction
- Enrollment Fee/Nonresident Tuition: Students will receive full enrollment fee and non-resident tuition credit toward future registration fees if they reduce their program or officially drop from all courses within the first 10% of the period of instruction of their courses. (Example: If a course has 12 meetings, 10% of 12 = 1.2. The College will round up to 2.0. Therefore, to be eligible for a credit or refund, the student must drop no later than the end of the day of the second class meeting.)
- Variable Unit Courses: No Enrollment Fee or Nonresident Tuition refund or credit will be available to students enrolled in variable unit courses who earn fewer units of credit than the number for which they originally registered. Students earning additional units will be charged accordingly.
- Health Services students will receive a full refund through the second week of instruction for semester-length classes and through the first 10% of the instructional period for students enrolled in less than semester-length classes.
- Student Body Fee: Students will receive a full refund upon request and within the published deadlines listed in the Schedule of Classes.
- Student Representation Fee: The Student Representation Fee will be waived for students who refuse to pay for religious, political, moral, or financial reasons. This waiver must be submitted in writing within the first 10% of the period of instruction of the course(s).
Credit balances remain on student accounts for a maximum of five (5) years. A student may either choose to maintain a credit balance on account or contact the Business Office to arrange for a refund. Refunds are NOT issued automatically. Fees paid by personal check will require 30 days for bank clearance before refunds can be processed. To be eligible for a refund/credit, a student must officially drop from a course. Student records are automatically held until all debts to the District colleges have been cleared.
Other Refunds and Fee Issues
No student parking permit required for 2023/2024 academic year.
- To enroll in an inexpensive payment plan, log in to WebSMART
- $25 enrollment fee per semester (ACH & Credit card)
- $30 nonrefundable returned payment fee if a payment is returned
Please note that students who withdraw, from any or all courses, will not receive a refund for Health Fees, Student Body Fees, Student Representation Fees, or Student Union Fees (Skyline College only).