Athletics ProgramsBuilding 1, Room 195
Phone: (650) 306-3341
Cañada College participates as a member of the Coast Conference in the following sports:
- Men’s Baseball
- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Golf
- Men’s Soccer
- Women’s Soccer
- Women’s Tennis
- Women’s Volleyball
In order to be eligible a student must adhere to the California State Athletic Code and Coast Conference eligibility rules and regulations. The following principles pertain to all matters of eligibility:
- In order to be eligible, a student-athlete must be actively enrolled in a minimum of 12 units during the season of sport including non-conference, conference and post conference competition.
- To be eligible for the second season of competition, the student-athlete must complete and pass 24 semester units of which 18 are academic units with a 2.0 grade point average, These units must be completed prior to the beginning of the semester of the second season of competition.
- A student transferring for academic or athletic participation, who has previously participated in intercollegiate athletics at another California Community College, must complete 12 units in residence prior to the beginning of the semester of competition.
- In order to continue athletic participation in any sport, the student-athlete must maintain a cumulative 2.0 grade point average in accredited post secondary coursework computed since the start of the semester of first competition.
- The 12-unit residency rule for previous participants will be waived for a student-athlete who has not competed at a post-secondary institution in the past five years.
Student-athletes who plan to transfer prior to receiving an Associate degree should meet with the athletic academic advisor and verify status for transfer based on past work and test scores from high school.
Questions regarding eligibility should be addressed to the Dean/Athletic Director.