TRIO Student Support Services ProgramBuilding 9, Room 213
Phone: (650) 306-3111
What is TRIO?
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a program funded by the United States Department of Education. Our goal is to provide an academic, social, and personal support system for first-generation, low- income, and/or students with disabilities, to assist them with certificate and degree college requirements, the transfer process, and to motivate them towards successful completion of their college education.
TRIO SSS offers the personalized support you need to succeed in your academic and educational goals.
- Answering your questions
- Connect you to resources
- Hold workshops and community-building events
- Priority Registration
- Graduation and Transfer Support
- Academic Counseling and Mentoring (In-person & Virtual counseling available)
- Financial Literacy Support and Grant Aid
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Visits to 4-year Universities
- Tutoring access and support
- Support you in many different ways!
Cañada students are eligible to apply to the TRIO-SSS program if they are enrolled in at least 6 academic units in the current semester, and meet at least one of the following guidelines:
- First Generation college students (neither parent has a bachelor's degree from a college or university in the United States)
- Students who are eligible for the federal Pell Grant (FAFSA) or California Dream Act
- Students with documented learning differences and/or physical disabilities (and registered with our Disability Resource Center)
How to apply
Please contact the TRIO office or visit our website for more information.
Empowering Minds. Inspiring Resilience. Rooted in Diversity.